Tuesday 10 January 2012

Reborn

I was visited that night, by a lady

I was not scared

I was not fearful

but intrigued – who was she?

Now I have heard of the death of a friend and I cannot help thinking it was her that came.

Did she speak to me? – No.

Did she smile at me? – No.

Did she want to? – No?

Could that night have been my chance to say “Goodbye”?

Could these words I write be the opportunity to say “I know”?

And I believe that she will now live on without pain

without hurt

without sadness

Though I have no God ‘per se’ I believe she has found a heaven

Though she had no God (as I recall) she deserves to find peace

Though the only faith she had was in herself

She now lives on without the pain

the hurt

the cancer

Maybe she came to me that night to tell me to write on

Write on!

Maybe she came to me that night to say there is another life

Her way of saying “Goodbye” was beautiful

silent

peaceful

I was not scared

I was not fearful

Now I believe that it was her

I am not hurt that she has gone

Just honoured, grateful, that she came to me before the journey into her new life

Onward into the next life?

I believe that one day we will be reborn

I believe that one day we are all reborn

Maybe the ones that deny God are the ones that are the closest to Him?

Maybe the ones that resist faith are the ones whose faith is the strongest?

No comments:

Post a Comment