Wednesday 28 October 2015

News - The Album Leaf Stream New Video




The Album Leaf never went away, but Jimmy LaValle's ambient, electronically laced project is certainly back. 

Having recently completed the follow up to 2010’s A Chorus of Storytellers on Sub Pop Records, the new album set for release in 2016 marks another shift in the evolution of the project's sound. Marked by warm, electronically laced full band instrumentation and notable vocal work, the new single "New Soul" is an early glimpse into the world of the new album.
“I wanted to experiment with my vocals,” LaVelle says about the song. “I’ve never been fully comfortable with the inconsistencies of my voice. I’m not a singer, I just choose to sing sometimes. I wanted to keep the honesty and not think about it too much. Lyrically, the song is about moving forward, getting out of your comfort zone.”

The video for “New Soul” was directed by Michael Raines, who has previously worked with the band on the 2014 tour documentary “Beyond There”, and the award winning cinematographer is Mike Simpson (who has made videos for Alt-J, Lil' Wayne, Solange and David Byrne). “We had little resources,” LaValle explains, “So we spent a weekend in Joshua Tree desert with friends and family contributing to the making of this video and I’m amazed with the result.” 



Links



If you enjoyed this article please follow hiapop on Twitter here, and like on Facebook here.







No comments:

Post a Comment