Sunday 3 December 2017

Guest Writer Simon Tucker (Louder Than War / Radio Europa) Albums of the Year

Thanks Paul for humoring me once more by kindly given me the chance to publish my top thirty albums of 2017. This year has once again proven that music is as wonderful and diverse as ever. In my role at LTW I am lucky enough to have the chance to review many great new artists but what I have particularly found pleasing about compiling this list is how many came from other sources (friends, Twitter, radio DJs etc) and only half of this list is made up of albums I have reviewed.

I also discovered whilst compiling the list how many solo artists are included who are in their own way taking their chosen form and bending it into new and exciting territories.

So here you go...my top 30 albums of 2017:



1) Mario Batkovic: Mario Batkovic
2) Colin Stetson: All This I Do For Glory
3) Ore: Belatedly
4) Bjork: Utopia
5) Jaffro: Idea
6) The Fall: New Facts Emerge
7) James Holden & the Animal Spirits: James Holden & the Animal Spirits
8) Goldie: The Journeyman
9) Clark: Death Peak
10) Richard Dawson: Peasant
11) Andrew Hung: Realisationship
12) Four Tet:  New Energy
13) Toydrum: Prevenge OST
14) Perfume Genius: No Shape
15) Jlin: Black Origami
16) Equinox: It's Hard To Be Happy When Your Head Is Full Of Sin
17) Hannah Peel: Mary Casio: Journey To Cassiopeia
18) Baxter Dury: Prince of Tears
19) Mogwai: Every Country's Son
20) Kendrick Lamar: DAMN
21) Farm Hand: International Dreams
22) Nick Cave & Waren Ellis: Wind River OST
23) Chow Mwng: CM/DX
24) Blanck Mass: World Eater
25) Mwstard: Cloc!
26) Pessimist: Pessimist
27) Jane Weaver: Modern Kosmology
28) The Bug & Earth: Concrete Desert
29) Chick Quest: Model View Controller
30) Jump For Neon: Jump For Neon

No comments:

Post a Comment